Dubliner Cheese Recipes
Cheesy Chicken and Broccoli Bake
- 350g broccoli, chopped into florets
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 chicken fillets, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 250g chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 30g butter
- 30g flour
- 200ml milk
- 100g Dubliner Original Cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 100g breadcrumbs
- 50g pine nuts, chopped
- Salt and black pepper
- Roasted baby new potatoes
Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C/gas mark 4. Blanch the broccoli in a pan of boiling salted water for two minutes, then drain and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan over a medium heat and add the chicken. Cook for 3-4 minutes, ensuring that the meat is sealed on all sides. Add the onion, garlic and mushrooms, season with salt and pepper and cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Melt the butter in a separate pan over a low heat. Whisk in the flour and continue to whisk until the flour is cooked and the mixture has become a smooth roux. Whisk in the milk, a little at a time, until it thickens into a creamy sauce. Whisk in the grated Dubliner Cheese and mustard, and season to taste.
- Place the chicken and mushroom mixture into a large ovenproof dish and add the broccoli. Pour the Dubliner Cheesy sauce over the chicken. Sprinkle the breadcrumbs on top along with the pine nuts, if desired, and bake for 20 minutes. Serve with roasted baby new potatoes and peas.