Dubliner Cheese Recipes
Cheesy Prosciutto Twists
- 500g puff pastry, either homemade or pre-prepared
- 1 egg yolk, beaten with 1 tsp water
- 3 thin slices of prosciutto, cut into strips
- 60g Dubliner Vintage Cheese, grated
- 2 tsp dried thyme or rosemary
- Black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C/gas mark 6. Line two large baking trays with parchment paper.
- On a lightly floured surface, divide the puff pastry into two equal parts and roll out into two squares, each measuring around 10 x 10 inches.
- Brush both squares with egg wash. Lay the strips of prosciutto over one of the sheets of pastry, then top with the grated Dubliner Cheese and herbs. Season with the pepper.
- Flip the second puff pastry square over the filling, egg side down. Gently roll a rolling pin over to seal both layers to the filling.
- Use a sharp pizza wheel to cut the dough into 1cm-wide strips.
- Holding both ends, twist each strip into a spiral and transfer to the prepared baking trays. Use a tiny amount of the egg wash to press both ends of each straw onto the baking tray to prevent them from untwisting in the oven.
- Place the baking trays on the centre rack in the oven and cook for 18-20 minutes or until puffed and golden brown. Cool the straws on a wire rack for 4-5 minutes and then serve while still warm.