4 large potatoes (suitable for baking such as Rooster), washed
1 tbsp olive oil
3-4 bacon rashers, fat removed and cut into pieces
100g Dubliner grated cheese
Watercress or other salad leaves
Preheat the oven to 220˚C/gas mark 7.
- Pierce each potato with a fork, rub with a little oil and place on a baking tray. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Then turn down the oven to 190˚C /gas mark 5 and bake for a further 45 minutes until the skin is crisp and the flesh soft. Remove from the oven.
- Meanwhile, heat a large frying pan, add the oil and the bacon and cook for 5-8 minutes or until the bacon begins to turn golden.
- Remove to a plate with kitchen towel.
- Half each potato, top with bacon and sprinkle some Dubliner grated cheese.
- Place back in the oven for 2-3 minutes until the Dubliner Cheese is melted and golden.
- Serve immediately with some sour cream on the side.
- Or if using for school or work lunch, allow to cool and store in an airtight container.