Makes 12 (small) approximately
150g Dublin Grated Cheese
2-3 tbsp flour
2 eggs, beaten
50-60g fresh white breadcrumbs
Salt and black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200˚C/gas mark 6.
- Place the potatoes on a baking tray and put in the oven and bake in their skins for an hour, until soft. They may take longer or shorter time, depending on size. Remove from the oven, cut in half and leave to cool for a while.
- Scoop out the flesh into a bowl and mash until smooth.
- Stir in the Dubliner Grated Cheese and season with salt and pepper.
- Mould the potato into small cylinder shapes. You can make them larger or smaller as you wish.
- Add the flour into a bowl dish and roll the croquettes in it, holding them carefully with your fingers and shaking off any excess.
- Next, roll them in the beaten egg, and finally in the breadcrumbs.
- Place on a baking tray and bake for 10 minutes, until golden.